Immigrating to a new country could also mean a career change. As a newcomer, you have already possessed several skills and attributes required to succeed in the new country.
That’s why the YMCA Newcomer Information Centre partners with YMCA Career Planning and Development Services to offer FREE* limited one-on-one career counselling for newcomers in Canada.
This unique and high-demand program is excellent for you and will assist you in exploring career opportunities to match your skills, significantly increasing your chance to succeed.
The Career Exploration Program will include:
- A comprehensive exploration of your career interests
- Completion of various assessment tools: Myers-Briggs or MBTI, Strong Interest Survey, Jackson Vocational Interest Survey
- A review of your preferences and personality
- 2.5 hours of one-to-one counselling and coaching
- A copy of your interpretation reports
Participants must be Permanent Residents or Convention Refugees, registered with YMCA Newcomer Information Centre, and committed to finishing the program.
Registration will be closed on March 15, 2022
* Spaces are limited on a first-come, first-serve basis.