YMCA Mentoring for Employment Program
As part of our Community Connections initiatives, the YMCA Newcomer Information Centre provides a four-week mentoring support for professional immigrants in Toronto. The primary goal of this mentoring program is to equip you with the necessary skills to successfully navigate the job market and better prepare you to manage your ongoing careers in Canada.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of the YMCA Newcomer Information Centre
- Be a Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee, or Protected Person
- Have a high level of English proficiency (CLB 7/8 or equivalent)
- Have registered with an Employment Ontario agency, and ideally completed basic workshops in resume writing, networking, interviews, etc.
- Be committed to attending in-person sessions and preparing relevant materials as requested by the mentor
The sessions will takes place every Tuesday afternoon at 365 Bloor Street East.
Next Cohort: March 2024 **Registration is now open**
To express your interest, please fill out the form below:
Potential candidates will be invited for a short virtual interview and be screened for:
- Language capability
- Preparation – registration with an Employment Ontario agency and completion of basic workshops
- Availability to attend all in-person sessions and commitment to prepare relevant materials and practice for sessions